HP Envy 7640 printer setup instructions
If you are exploring the internet to find HP Envy 7640 printer setup, then you are in the right place. Find out the simple procedure using which you can complete the HP Envy 7640 e-all-in-one printer configuration. The instructions given below will help you to connect the printer using USB connection.
Get set with HP Envy 7640 setup requirements
- Remember that you need to get rid of the printer drivers which was previously installed on your desktop while configuring the USB connection.
- Turn on the HP Envy 7640 printer and keep it in a ready state.
- You should acquire a USB cable measuring 3 meters.
- Connecting via USB hub or docking station is not suggested as it will inefficient power supply. Users should use the desktop’s USB port only.
- Users who have already connected the computer and prior to the driver installation should eliminate the printer from installed devices by following the steps. If you haven’t installed, just move to the next step by skipping the below instructions.
- The first thing you have to do is, detach the USB cable from desktop. Now you should keep the USB cable aside and proceed with the steps to uninstall the driver.
- On your Windows computer, tap the Windows key and furnish ‘devices’ before pressing Enter. After that, click Remove device when you find the HP Envy 7640 printer model under Devices and Printer Control panel. You need to eliminate all the printer models if multiple icons exist.
HP Envy 7640 driver download
- Visit 123.hp.com and furnish your printer model to download the latest printer software version.
- HP Easy Start will download according to the printer model. HP Easy Start is a driver installation guide which will assist you through the HP Envy 7640 printer setup.
- Whether the driver or HP Easy Start downloads, it doesn’t matter. Just tag along with the onscreen instructions to complete the HP Envy 7640 driver download.
- Don’t forget to select USB when the printer setup screen prompts you to select Connection type.
- If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You need not complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
Other ways to download driver
- Sometimes the HP Envy 7640 printer driver download may fail due to some reason. In such cases, you can prefer this method as an alternate to perform driver download.
- Visit the HP support website and go to Software and Driver downloads to furnish the printer model number. You will have an option to modify the operating system if in case the web page detects a wrong OS version.
- Just click Submit after furnishing HP Envy 7640 printer model number and navigate to the downloads page. Follow the onscreen prompts and click “USB connection” when prompted to choose the connectivity method.